Services and Specializations
Fast, Prompt, Efficient
Once a water loss has occurred it is imperative to respond as quickly as possible to begin mitigation. The first couple hours after a water loss are the most critical. The quicker the water is cleaned up the less likely there is for damage to finishes such as carpet, drywall, household contents, etc. If water isn’t dealt with in a timely manner there is always the risk of mold growth.
At Bachly Construction we believe that training and experience is key to a productive work environment Our water damage technicians have completed IICRC training in Water Restoration and Applied Structural Drying. Our experience in the field of water damage allows us to mitigate damages and restore property to a pre loss condition with great efficiency. The vast array of drying equipment and specialty equipment at our disposal provides us with the means to accomplish drying goals in a timely manner.
Clean, Grey and Black Water
Understanding the types of water damage in an water loss environment is essential in emergency drying priorities.
- Clean or Category 1 – water is defined as potable or drinkable water. Losses involving clean water have a high success rate with drying and cleaning and rarely requires removing affected finishes such as carpet and drywall.
- Grey or Category 2 – water differs from Category 1 in that it may contain microorganisms or pathogens. This type of water damage requires specific actions such as removing underpad but not the carpet as the carpet can typically be dried and steam cleaned. An example of Category 2 water would include water discharge from a dishwasher or laundry machine.
- Black or Category 3 – water contains microorganisms and pathogens. This type of water damage needs to be handled by experienced professionals to ensure the health and safety of all parties involved and typically involves removing all directly affected finishes. Some examples of Category 3 water include from a sump pump failure or a sewer drain back up.
After a fire occurs the results of the loss to your home, office or business can be devastating. Many homeowners and business owners are left unsure of what to do. This is where Bachly Construction steps in to help you get back on your feet as quickly and efficiently as possible. We work with all insurance companies, brokerages, property management companies and institutions.
We have over 50 years of experience handling all types of fire loss situations including smoke and soot cleaning and mitigation. Many individuals don’t understand that most ceramic, porcelain & vinyl surfaces can begin to tarnish yellow after just 24 hours if not cleaned properly. We understand the importance of quick response when undertaking emergency cleaning. In addition, we have developed effective cleaning techniques to
Our IICRC certified fire and smoke technicians are professional and have the knowledge and experience to get the job done right.
When most people think of roofing shingles, they are actually thinking of asphalt shingles, the most common type of shingles in the country. Asphalt shingles are made from asphalt re-enforced with either organic material or fiberglass and they are coated with small metallic surface granules that protect the roof from UV-rays that speeds deterioration. Asphalt shingles come in a wide range of colors, sizes and styles. During severe storms asphalt shingles can be seriously damaged and require repair or replacement.
On an asphalt roof, hail damage looks like a dark spot, or bruise, where the roofing granules have been knocked away. In some cases you may find holes, cracking, or missing shingles on roofs with hail or storm damage. After a tornado, you may notice split seams and torn or missing shingles. This can result in leaking and serious water damage, which can lead to mold formation and wood rot, which can compromise the structural integrity of your roof resulting in collapse. In severe wind storms, it is common for shingles or sections of the roof to be missing altogether.
Common Signs of Roof Damage
- Missing shingles
- Bruises or dented asphalt shingles
- Cracked or broken tile, slate, or concrete shingles
- Granules collecting in gutters or downspouts
- Leaks in your roof or ceiling
- Dents on vents, gutters or flashing
When a severe storm hits, the exterior of your home sustains the most damage. Hail, wind, heavy rain and flying debris are common causes of exterior damage. If your home has been hit by hail, you may notice discolored spots, dents, chips or cracks in your paint or siding. If you have a stucco home, look for cracking, chipping and holes in the stucco.
Common signs of exterior damage
- Dings and dents
- Cracks and splitting
- Holes and breaks
- Chipping and discoloration
The only way to ensure that a job site will dry effectively is to monitor humidity and moisture on a daily basis. Without the information obtained by the use of our moisture sensing meters and thermal hygrometers it would be very difficult to ensure that jobsites were properly set up to dry.
We employ the use of the newest and most effective drying equipment available in the industry. The high velocity air movers are used to increase the rate of evaporation at wet surfaces. The LGR and Desiccant dehumidifiers work with the air movers by removing moisture from the air as well as increasing evaporation from surfaces by keeping the relative humidity low.
An important part of loss mitigation involves having the appropriate tools for any given water damage. The Injecta Dry wall cavity drying system presents a less intrusive and destructive means of drying difficult areas. When limiting damage to wet hardwood flooring the Rescue Mat System is an essential piece of equipment. The weighted roller extraction unit or Hydro-X allows us to extract water from not only carpeting but also the foam under pad. If more water can be removed by a physical extraction method, the carpet can dry faster resulting in a greater chance of salvage.
Our building cleaning methods are designed to save finishes and fixtures whenever possible. Building cleaning is also very important as a means of odor control, minimizing the affected areas of a building, and preparation for reconstruction. The cleaning facility in our warehouse gives us the ability to clean any amount of content large or small in a timely manner. In the event that hardwood furniture does not respond to initial cleaning we have the option of refinishing. Our electronics restoration workshop allows us to clean and restore contents affected by both smoke and water in a cost effective manner. Document restoration from smoke and water damage can also be done safely and secure in our documents lab.
Inventory control is an intricate component of disaster restoration. Bachly uses a state-of-the-art inventory system that makes use of onsite computer entry of items as well as scanable barcode tags. Our inventory program offers unmatched detail and speed of entry with the option of on the spot inventory print outs. Homeowners and insurers alike appreciate this new technology as it allows for total control of the inventory from start to finish of a project. All of our staff are trained to pack contents in the safest way in order to avoid damages.
Through the use of our moving van and temperature controlled 15,000sq ft warehouse we have the ability to move out any residence large or small to accommodate cleaning or reconstruction. Also, utilizing our inventory program assures that every item is returned.
We have the equipment and trained personnel to tackle any steam cleaning job of carpeting or upholstery related to smoke or water damage.
There is no substitute for experience and training when it comes to air quality and odour control. Air quality is a prevalent issue these days and our customers often have legitimate concerns regarding their homes. We have IICRC certified Applied Microbial Remediation Technicians as well as access to Industrial Hygienists whenever issues with mould are discovered. We also have IICRC certified Odour Control Technicians who understand all of the options available when dealing with odour problems such as smoke, protein fire, skunk, oil and gas, deceased animals, or rotten food.
Bachly Construction offers a wide variety of Ice and Soda blasting solutions to effectively remove smoke and fire damages to many different affected surfaces.
Dry Ice or CO 2 Blasting is a relatively new cleaning process using solid CO 2 pellets (known as dry ice). Dry Ice Pellets sublimate once they’ve hit the surface to be cleaned (convert directly from a solid blast pellet to a vapor) leaving a clean, dry surface with no residue. Dry Ice Blasting is environmentally friendly and safe, leaving little to no carbon footprint compared to other industrial cleaning methods.
Soda Blasting integrates the use of the familiar household abrasive baking soda (also known as sodium bicarbonate) combined with compressed air to create the necessary impact in order to remove unwanted materials. Although Soda Blasting is similar to other methods (ie: sandblasting) it is considered to be a “soft media” blasting, meaning it’s a low impact alternative – making it ideal for delicate surfaces.
Please call to inquire.
The HEPA air scrubbers are used in a variety of situations to minimize exposure to harmful particles by mitigating smoke and dust damages. The HEPA air scrubbers are utilized mostly for any mould remediation’s, sewer back up water losses as well as any fire or smoke related losses.
Ozone generators are used as an odour control technique. Ozone (O3) can be found as a naturally ocurring gas in the upper atmosphere. It is often used as a safe (FDA approved) but very powerful disinfectant (3,000 times faster than bleach). It:
- Rapidly oxidizes bacteria it comes in contact with, then reverts safely back into Oxygen (O2), making it one of the most environmentally friendly cleaning methods available.
- Effectively deodorizes, disinfects, and destroys bacteria, fungi, allergens, and other odor-causing agents.
- Has long been used in water treatment, food sterilization and medical therapies for its remarkable anti-viral, anti-fungal, and anti-bacterial properties.
It is very important that this equipment be used by trained professionals as ozone can be harmful to humans and pets, and can cause rust on some metallic surfaces.
Thermal fogging is another odour control technique used by Bachly Construction in a similar manner to ozone treatment.
Thermal Fogging is one of several techniques used in the deodorization process. Thermal fogging is often used in treating odors caused by smoke damage, because it acts like smoke. It is able to travel like smoke and penetrate hard porous surfaces.
Thermal foggers apply heat to solvent based deodorizers to create a smoke like fog. This produces particles as small as 0.5. A thermal fogger unit can reproduce the energy and pressure of smoke, which allows the fog to penetrate surfaces and reach difficult areas.
Bachly Construction’s crime and trauma scene decontamination technicians are trained to assess, decontaminate and restore property affected by damages relative to the injury or death of an individual or multiple parties. In these scenarios the ever present risk associated with diseases mandate the services of trained and knowledgeable technicians. Our staff are governed by their knowledge of Federal and Provincial regulations as well as the personal safety of the public and themselves.
Pressure washing can be used in a variety of circumstances to clean many types of surfaces. Pressure washing exterior finishes or concrete floors can save hours of cleaning labour and speed up the cleaning process.
Bachly Construction has an excellent team of cleaners with unmatched experience in the cleaning of homes post construction. Post construction cleaning is essentially the final inspection and cleaning of an area that needed emergency or restoration services to ensure customer satisfaction.
Cycle of Claim
- Claim/loss is reported to a Bachly Certified Technician from the insurance company. A phone call will be made to the homeowner immediately to gather further information and to coordinate response times for the emergency service team, if required.
- Within a 24 HOUR TIME PERIOD we send out one of our estimators to inspect the damage and prepare a repair estimate for the insurance company.
- The submitted estimate is then reviewed by an examiner or adjuster to approve the restoration work.
- Once Bachly Construction receives the ‘go-ahead’ from the adjuster, our personnel will contact the homeowner and review the outlined scope and authorization form.
- Once the authorization form has been signed and the applicable deductible collected, the project is sent to the Project Management Department. The Project Manager, along with the insured, will then work to create a schedule that meets the needs of the insured.
- Following the completion of the project, the Project Manager follows up with the insured to gain feedback and to ensure that customer expectations are met.